Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Merry Holiday

Holiday Greetings, and hopefully everyone had a wonderful holiday season.  It was a quiet Christmas for us here.  But this gave me the excuse to try and cook a Holiday Roast for Marc and I.  I have never really made much beyond skillet/wok meal.  So this was a big feat.  And I truly have my brother-in-law to thank for my success.  He coached me on how to make this amazing meal.  I am lucky enough to have to have a teacher from Johnson and Whales l and I truly appreciate all knowledge.  The best part was that our dinner tasted AMAZING!  Here's a little recap:

It started off as a mere piece of meat with garlic and onions, then began it's slow roast.


Mixed Green Salad with Goat Cheese and Homemade Balsamic dressing wet our palettes.


 The sides of Garlic Mashed Potatoes,  and Rosemary Carrots and Parsnips.

 

The the main course of a Holiday Roast with Sherry Mushroom Sauce.



It was magical!  I can't explain how amazing this all tasted and how enjoyable it was to cook for Marc and myself on our quiet Christmas.  Next time I will finish with a dessert of chocolate covered strawberries and a single malt.  The only thing I would change :)


Have a safe and wonderful Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment