Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Well, Thanksgiving is upon us, and Marc and I hadn't had much time to even consider the holiday until Tuesday.  It occurred to me that not only was Thanksgiving in 2 days, but that also means that Christmas is right around the corner...YIKES!  I will admit, I am not a huge holiday person, but I do get excited to give people gifts.  So yesterday I did some canning projects, some of which I cannot mention because of the high probability of them becoming Christmas gifts.  But one thing I made was some Cranberry Sauce with Blueberries for the upcoming feasts (8 pints to be exact).  This recipe was super easy, and although it isn't jellied like the canned stuff, I believe if you refrigerate it prior to using it will be thick enough to enjoy with the various holiday fixings.


Cranberry Sauce with Blueberries

6 cups whole cranberries, washed and picked over
1 cup blueberries
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup water
2 cups honey/maple syrup (whichever you have)

1) In a large sauce pan combine all ingredients.  Bring to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.  You should hear the cranberries popping.
3) Sterilize jars and prepare boiling water bath.
4) Ladle cranberry sauce into sterile jars, cap and boil water bath for 15 minutes (pints).

Pretty easy!

In other news, our dog has taken a liking to yoga...or it could just be our yoga mat.  But this is something that I am thankful for this holiday...she always makes me smile!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment