Friday, May 14, 2010

Peppers are In

Yesterday I took a little tally on the veggies in the cold frames, and to my surprise, all of them have outgrown their 4x4 containers. So, since the peppers were in the smallest of pots and wilting in despair, I replanted them....all of them: Jalapeno, Bell, Spicy Thai, Marconi and some Eggplant for good measure. Then, Marc and I covered them with light weight row cover because it is still a little chilly for these guys.

Row cover with rocks holding it down...we have an abundance of rocks from double digging the garden beds.

Today, I FINALLY finished doing the prep work on the last bed! There is compost and airated soil in all the beds, and now begins the fun work of planting all the seedlings/seeds in the nuturing garden beds. I also replanted some broccoli, cauliflower and alyssum that had been damaged and killed because of the high winds we had for about a week. Hopefully these little guys will fare better!

Once again this year, we have our gorgeous hanging plants that have already started attracting the humming birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment