Sunday, June 6, 2010

Week in Review



Farmers Market on Friday was great. We didn't get a lot because our garden is pretty flush with greens, peas and radishes, but a lot of vendors had a lot to offer!

Garden growing strong.

First taste of strawberry shortcake on lemon pound cake. Too good to bother with the whipped cream.

My downstairs neighbor and gardening buddy Gretchen.

Straw on the walkways in an attempt to eliminate weeding the walkways.

Cantaloupe

Echinacea

Delphinium

Tons of shelling peas, and they have been so delicious raw on our salads.

Bush Beans

Onion Blossom


Sage


Brussel Sprouts and Calendula

Tiny beginnings of a cucumber.

Cucumbers on the trellis.

Romaine

Tomatoes getting bigger by the day.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, glad I checked it because I saw the yellow flowers on my cucumber and thought I had confused my squash with the cukes. Now I know I haven't. Still need to create my trelleses, butit's been a crazy week. This weekend I will get them done I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, cukes & squash are in the same veggie family and can look the same. But, the cukes and squash will be fine even if you never trellis them, they just sprawl out :)

    ReplyDelete